Saturday, June 5, 2010

House of Mirrors


Cut me open.
Bleed me out.
With your jagged knife,
disembowel me.
Purify my soul.
Rip my heart out.
Bathe in my blood.
You must be rebaptized.

What you never wanted opened your blind eyes.
Blind, you say?
Yes, you were.
But my sacrificial mixture
of disappointed tears,
sweet sweat,
coagulated blood
and honest words guided you to a mirror of truth.

The smoke is clearing,
but it may return and thicken.

This mirror reflects another you.
It reflects a you that you don’t want to see.
It is a you that you don’t want to accept.
This is the you that you hide from:
Dream Killer, Hope Robber.
House of Mirrors.
Which one of the many yous reflected
on row upon row is the true you?
There's the clown,
the warrior,
the coward,
the lover.

The smoke thickens once more;
it burns my eyes, it chokes my throat.
Will it ever clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment